With the electric locomotive E44 in gauge H0 and N, BRAWA brings models to specialist retailers whose model was a milestone in the development of electric locomotives. Look forward to some details and a high degree of fidelity!
Electric Locomotives E44 in Gauge H0
At the end of the 1920s, it became clear that Deutsche Reichsbahn Gesellschaft (DRG) would have to acquire new electric locomotives, among other things, to accelerate its goods traffic. The need to increase maximum speeds to at least 80 km/h could not be met with the most recently purchased E77 and E75 series since the standard drive technology by means of bars and additional trailing wheelsets did notallow for higher speeds. The good experiences from abroad and with the two Bavarian EG 1 with the Bo'Bo' two-bogie locomotives convinced the DRG to deviate from single-frame construction as well.
The arrival of the world economic crisis in 1929, however, put a halt to this plan by interrupting the cost-intensive electrical expansion of the lines, thus eliminating the need for electric locomotives. The locomotive industry in Germany, however, feared falling behind current developments due to this pause in procurement. They therefore began developing a cheaper design at their own costs. Thus a prototype with the designation E44 70 was created at the Siemens-Schuckert Works (SSW) under the general management of Walter Reichel. This prototype later became the E44 001. SSW was able to integrate its experience with electric arcwelding from its production of components for electric generators into locomotive manufacturing, which led to significant savings in materials and manufacturing costs. The prototype's positive test results convinced DRG to further develop the new locomotive type into a universal locomotive. The result was Germany's first two-bogie electric locomotive produced in series, which can safely be categorised as the prototype forthe subsequently developed standard electric locomotive of Deutsche Bundesbahn (DB). Due to the war the delivery of the locomotives, which were registered for 90 km/h, stretched from 1933 into the postwar period, and Henschel only handed over the last one, a E44 187G, to DB on 29 November 1954. The predominant distribution to central and southern Germany led to the fact that approximately 100 locomotives remained in West Germany and around 50 in East Germany after the war. The most conspicuous design changes at DB were the lengthening of the roof shield for accident prevention and the Indusi (inductive traincontrol system) equipment. The last locomotives, however, remained in service until 1985. Of the original 187 locomotives, only 21 still exist today, partially as museum locomotives and as spare parts donors.
The BRAWA H0 models of the E44 are equipped with numerous details for example free standing roof lines, functional pantographs (mechanical) made of metal, finely detailed suspension, drivers cab and machine roof lighting, frames and wheels made of metal and many individually scheduled parts.
In the digital EXTRA version, the E44 comes with many lighting functions and optimized lighting control for driving and maneuvering. A built-in energy buffer buffers sound, engine and light. The models are equipped with original sound specific to the model and can be used in all common digital systems (DCC, Motorola, SX1 and SX2).
The delivery of these two models to the specialized trade will take place in week 26. The other model versions of the E44 will be available from specialist stores from mid-July.
Electric locomotive E44 in gauge N
Now three new Ellok E44 models in gauge N are also available from specialist dealers. The BRAWA models are lovingly designed with numerous details - for example, free-standing roof lines, lighting true to epoch, many individually prepared parts, metal pantograph and NEM short coupling kinematics.
* RPP: Recommended retail price (incl. 19 % VAT), prices are subject to change. Subject to modifications in design and shape. Colour deviations are possible.
DB, DR, and DRG are registered trademarks.