Diesel Railcar BR VT 60.5 and Trailer BR VS 145 DB
Road no.: VT 60 530 / VS 145 393
Info about the original
Going back to a proposed development from the Westwaggon Company who, together with Waggon- und Maschinenfabrik A.G. and Düsseldorfer Waggonfabrik, was responsible for the manufacture of the new VT 137 347 - 366 and 137 377 - 396 secondary railway railcars, the industry launched the last large-scale range of the typically light railcars on to the
tracks in 1939 and 1940. Basis for this was the German National Railway (DR) procurement programme from 1936 which, until this point, ensured the continuous further development of railcars. Typically for this era, the striking basket arch shape with the large buffers characterised the front of the vehicle and allowed the staff to move to the adjacent vehicle via a
respective passage located on the front sides during the journey.