Steam locomotive 178 kkStB
Road no.: 178.10
- Metal boiler, water tanks, chassis and wheels
- Extra mounted metal handrails
- Finest paintwork and printing
- Smoke generator and sound decoder, either built in or as a retrofit option
- True-to epoch lighting, multipart lamp housing
- Filigree reversing gear
- AC analog: alternating direction of travel not possible
The AC model #70003 will not be produced.
Info about the original
Derived from the small locos with eight coupled wheels and compound drive ("Verbundtriebwerk") developed by Karl Gölsdorf for the Schneeberg railway in 1898, 211 machines of the 178 series were built until 1924. All locos were equipped with the typical funnel called "Kobelschornstein", but differed slightly in weight because of differently large storage tanks.