DEVIATING ROAD NO.
Peak Roof Car Gu DR
Road no.: 02-32-98
- Filigree replica of the wheel bearing
- Extra mounted steps
- True-to-original replica of the car bottom
- Wheelsets with inside contours
- Short coupling cinematic
- Precise printing and lacquering
- Fine engravings and rivets
- True-to- original ventilator grill
Info about the original
In addition to the German designs, the Deutsche Reichsbahn had large numbers of foreign goods waggons in their stock after 1945. Every available waggon was initially used to meet the transport requirements, but soon they sought a certain standardisation of the rolling stock. Therefore, so called „Splittergattungen“ (classes with only a few waggons in them) were preferred for the conversion into railway maintenance cars, the life of which was thus often prolonged by many years. Closed goods waggons were used in work trains for the storage of materials and reserves, as a mobile workshop, and, after further modification, as culture, washing, residential, sleeping and kitchen waggons.