Passenger Coach Bmh DR
Road no.: 50 50 21-12 061-1
- True to original bogies
- True to original interior fitting
- Printed window frames
- Elastic rubber beading
- Replicated airheating system in the car floor
- Free standing handle bars
This Passenger Coach is a suitable add-on car for the BRAWA D 1050 train set (Order no. 50892 / 50893).
Info about the original
Various changes, especially to the WC units, later led to several sub-types. The first track on which the new cars were used was the Leipzig - Chemnitz line, declared a regional express train (RegionalSchnellBahn, or RSB). The locomotive used here was the BR 232. Because of the progressive decommissionings of the DR and replacements by railcars, the cars were also used in states of former West Germany. For use in push-pull trains with locomotives without ZWS, some received the 36-pole control line from the old DB pushpull control cars. Most, however, went into operation with the control cars converted in 1995 from Bybdzf 482 into push-pull service with ZWS. In the former DR region, the BR 112, 143, 219 and 234 were especially used in this capacity. By now, most cars have been scrapped or sold. Many were taken over by Hungarian State Railways. Eisenach - Hall is one of the last lines in the DB in which the „langer Halberstädter” are used.