Um unsere Website für Sie optimal zu gestalten und fortlaufend verbessern zu können, verwenden wir Cookies. Durch die weitere Nutzung der Website stimmen Sie der Verwendung von Cookies zu. Weitere Informationen zu Cookies erhalten Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklärung.
Era designation III
DB

Diesel Locomotive BR V160 DB

Road no.: V160 067

Item no. 61206
Available
Item no. 61207
Integrated locomotive sound
Decoder Doehler & Haass
Sold out
Integrated locomotive sound

Decoder Doehler & Haass

100
Length over buffer in mm

Navigable minimum radius 192 mm

Next18 electrical interface

2 wheels with fiction tyres

Triple headlights and two red taillights alternating with the direction of travel

With interior lighting

The model has a coupler pocket but no short coupling cinematic

 

Model details

  • New with Next18 interface
  • Rear signals
  • Illuminated driver‘s cab
  • Sound
  • True-to-original speed
  • 5-pole motor
  • All axles driven
  • Standard shaft to NEM 355
  • Finest paintwork and printing
  • Front light changes according to direction of travel
  • Improved traction
 
 

Info about the original

Up to the mid-fifties, motor engineering did not make it possible to build a main-line diesel locomotive with only one propulsion system and sufficient power. Consequently, the V200 and V200.1 series were built with two propulsion systems in order to meet their performance requirements. However, the manufacturers worked at full stretch on stronger motors, and already at the end of the decade, a power of 1400kW from one propulsion system was no illusion anymore. Already in 1956, the Krupp company began to develop a medium-duty mainline diesel locomotive with one motor, a steam heating system, and a Vmax of 120 km/h. In 1960, Krupp and Henschel delivered a total of ten pilot-production machines nine of which received the nickname "Lollo" due to their exterior, inspired by Gina Lollobrigida. The tenth locomotive had already a prosaic, much more angular shape and could be produced considerably cheaper and was therefore adopted for the series production. The machines stood the test in goods train service and passenger service and, after extensive testing, they were produced in series from 1964 to 1968. The companies Krupp, Henschel, KHD, Krauss-Maffei, and MaK supplied 214 series locomotives in total. They were used in the entire German Federal Territory, more and more in goods traffic following the delivery of the BR 218 locomotive and the increasing use of the electrical train heating. After the prototype locomotives had been withdrawn by 1984, the removal of the series locomotives started in 1993. More and more railcars were used in passenger service which led to a further elimination of diesel locomotives. Goods traffic declined, and the 232 series came from the East-German Deutsche Reichsbahn (DR). One locomotive of this series often replaced a double traction. By 2004, all 216-series locomotives had been decommissioned; however, many locomotives were taken over by private railway enterprises at home and abroad. In the meantime, some of the locomotives have even returned and are in use in the approximated original state. The DB Museum received the 216 003 locomotive in Lübeck and the 216 067 locomotive in Koblenz.

Technical data of the original

Year of construction: 1964

Lenght: 16 m

Velocity: 120 km/h

Service weight: 75,5 t

PS: 1900

kW: 1398